Monday, March 21, 2011

March 21, 2010. One year later.

Our first port of call was Casablanca, Morocco. 

 

We weren't very familiar with that part of Africa so we decided to take an organized shore excursion with other guests on our boat.  We went on the Casablanca Highlights tour.  We saw the facade of the Royal Palace (but obviously weren't invited in :) 

The main highlight in Casablanca is the Harran II Mosque, the world's largest religious monument after Mecca and its minaret is the tallest.  I must say that although we don't agree with their religion and its traditions, we respected their culture and appreciated the info they gave us about the mosque.  It was quite beautiful.

 

 

 


And my favorite part of the mosque: the bathroom.  Look closely.  "No toilets" you say?  Why yes, you are correct.  You just hover over the holes in the floor.  They definitely don't want you getting comfy in these "restrooms."  And when you're finished, just take the hose they have in each stall and hose yourself off.  No big deal, right?  WRONG.  I was just thankful David thought to bring baby wipes bc there was not a roll of toilet paper to be found in that entire country.  God Bless America and its toilet paper luxury :)

Bye, Bye Casablanca.  We will back to your sister city of Agadir tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I would die without tp! I am enjoying your posts! Your honeymoon looked incredible! Hope I am that lucky! I hate I missed your sweet wedding! By the way, I am sooooo rude and still have a wedding gift for you! We must get together! MUST!

    ReplyDelete