Sunday, March 13, 2011

March 13, 2010. One year later.

Happy Anniversary to us.  Yes, March 13, 2010 seems like just yesterday.  I remember (most) every detail so vividly.  Yet the last 364 days have been a blur.  That's why I've decided to attempt to relive them through this blog.  For now, I'll start with our actual wedding day. 


I won't detail out the entire day for everyone but it could not have been more perfect.  Sure...the weather was a tad cold and I think it sprinkled the entire day.  But not once did I get wet.  It seems that every time we had to go outside, God parted the clouds for us.  And sure...a few things didn't go exactly as planned.  But for David and Sara Shepherd, 3/13/10 was exactly as we both had always dreamed of and wished for.


Our Ceremony and Reception were both at the Memphis Zoo's Teton Trek.  We were the first couple to have both the ceremony and reception in the Teton Trek.  And I'm not tooting my own horn, but it was beautiful.  And seriously, our guests are still talking about it (and how great the food was :) ).

Here are a couple of my favorite pictures from our wedding day:


The last year has been quite a ride.  And I'm not going to lie and say it's been easy.  David went out on his own to start his own business.  That has been stressful.  I was promoted at work last summer.  That has been stressful.  Living with someone ALL THE TIME.  That has been stressful.  But I wouldn't change anything and I'm pretty sure David would same the same thing :)  We are both excited to see what the future brings and are excited for 50 more years of this exciting ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment