Friday, August 19, 2011

As if this is really "news"...

Anyone who reads our blog is likely our friend and probably knows this already but...

WE ARE HAVING A BABY!

We are very excited to say the least!
We found out in early June and seriously, from the very first day the Dr. confirmed it, I felt terrible.  It was the nausea that kicked my butt.  Most of the time, I would actually WISH to throw up bc then I felt like I'd feel better.  And what's really unfortunate is that our Aruba trip fell at a time when I was feeling my worst.  And flying on a plane when you're nauseated...not a great idea.

Everyone assured me that I would feel much better after the first trimester.  I didn't believe them and thought I was going to feel bad for the entire 9 months.  But low and behold, Week 13 came along and the sickness magically disappeared.  Now I think back and can't actually remember the extent of how bad I felt.  I guess the Lord erases our memory on purpose so we'll continue to procreate :) 

As of today, baby is 18 weeks, 3 days old.  We had our big ultrasound on Tuesday and everything looked PERFECT.  He/she measured exactly 18 weeks, was 8 ounces (a little chunk compared to what the picture below says), had a normal spine, normal heart beat and all of the organs and brain looked great.  Such a sigh of relief because I'll tell you...I was stressing.
















We don't know the gender as of yet because baby was being modest and had his/her knees together during the ultrasound.  But after seeing that everything was normal and growing as he/she should be, gender was just not very important.

I'm not certain how much traveling we will do in the near future so most of our blog updates will probably be baby related.  Just bare with me :)  I have promised a few people that I will not be posting any pictures of my uterus though :)

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! Back on the blogging bandwagon! I am so glad to see this!

    ReplyDelete